Public space, digital connection + how are we are getting around during the pandemic
This summer we had informative conversations around public space, digital connection, and how are we are getting around during the COVID-19 pandemic. We heard from residents how it is more important than ever for people to access public space where they can feel safe, welcomed, and connected. Check out the beautiful visual illustration of our conversations, and the takeaways below. As we move into the next season, it is time to start harvesting the wisdom of these conversations – please join us in these next steps and feel free to invite others!
- Tuesday 9/22 4PM Partnering with City Club on Virtual Forum: The Future of Parks & Public Spaces
- Can’t make it? Catch the rerun Monday 9/28 @9AM on 90.3 Ideastream’s Sound of Ideas.
- Tuesday 9/29 5:30PM Pushing Forward Together: Parks & Public Space
- Debrief the City Club forum with us, generate ideas for next steps, and connect with folks who are already doing great work in this arena.
- Register here!
- Be on the lookout! One takeaway from our Community Conversation this summer was a to start a social media campaign so all people feel welcome in public spaces. (Inside scoop: we may vote on a hashtag during the 9/29 conversation!)
Takeaways from Community Conversation:
- What we view as public space is expanding: sidewalks, parking lots, the internet.
- Our priority is to ensure that quality public spaces are accessible and welcoming to everyone.
- We need to identify ways to educate people how to physically distance in public spaces and the why behind physical distancing
- Pushing to use public spaces to connect folks to the internet.
- Learning how to advocate for our neighborhood parks