This grant opportunity will invest in coalition building to bring together local policy engagement for nutrition equity in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Prioritized areas for nutrition equity policy include, but are not limited to a focus on leadership of BIPOC communities in the following:
- Land access for food sovereignty
- Community wealth building through the food sector
- Integration of culturally relevant foods in institutional settings (e.g., schools, childcare, healthcare)
- Nutrition equity for optimal well-being (healthy body, mind, and spirit)
- Award Type: Grant
- Total Funds Available: $60,000
- Number of Awards Granted in 2023: Up to 3
- Minimum – Maximum Award: $10,000 – $50,000
- Award Timeframe: October 1, 2023 – December 31, 2024 (15 months)
- Organization located in Cuyahoga County.
- Must be a nonprofit or, if not a nonprofit, the applicant must engage a fiscal sponsor to receive the award. A letter of support from the fiscal sponsor is required. This should be on the fiscal sponsor’s letterhead declaring they agree to serve as the fiscal sponsor for the proposal being submitted.
- Willingness to participate in required evaluation of the grant-making process (finalized in partnership with grantees after the award is provided).
- Willingness to share lessons as you go through three check-ins during grant cycle with other grantees.
- We will not fund organizations that have a policy of discriminating based on race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression or transition, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, whether the discrimination policies are written or are in practice. Our policy is to not provide grants to any organization that maintains such a policy.
- Grant Application Opens June 15, 2023
- Information Session June 20, 2023 at 9am via Zoom. This session will be recorded and shared via the Nourishing Power website. Register HERE.
- Office Hours(OPTIONAL) Ask questions about your proposed ideas. There is no agenda. Registration is required.
- Register HERE for Zoom Office Hours on June 26th from 3:30-4:30pm
- Register HERE for In Person Office Hours on July 11th from 12-1pm, Neighborhood Connections Huddle Room, 1971 E. 66th Street, Cleveland, OH 44103
- Register HERE for Zoom Office Hours on July 26th from 1-2pm
- Application Closes: July 30, 2023 at 11:59pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Interviews with Selected Teams: 45 minutes, at least two team members must attend. Scheduled the week of August 14-18, 2023.
- Announcement of Award(s): August 31, 2023
- Grant Start Date: October 1, 2023
- Grant End Date: December 31, 2024