More about Neighbor Up
What is Neighbor Up all about?
Neighbor Up was created using the idea of Community Network Building.
We believe that at its core and when executed well, Community Network Building is a way to make big change. Community Network Builders create spaces that level the playing field, everyone has a voice and power is shared. Only then can diverse people tackle tough challenges and begin to create extraordinary neighborhoods where economic and racial justice thrive. We do this using practices.
What is a practice?
A practice is something that when repeated becomes a habit. Habits make up a culture. Neighbor Up is about nurturing a new, aspirational culture of civic action in Cleveland.
Find out more about community network building from Trusted Space Partners, who helped us launch Neighbor Up, or by attending a Neighbor Up gathering.
Are you planning your first Neighbor Up gathering? Here you will find everything you need to be a host.
- Neighbor Up flier & logo: Download the flier here. Find the logo here.
- Make a Facebook event: Create a Facebook event (sample here)to let people know about your gathering. Tag @NeighborUpCLE so we can share the event, too. Don’t know how to make a Facebook event? Learn how at an Action Clinic. Clinics held from 6 to 8 p.m. on the 1st Tuesday of every month at Neighborhood Connections, 5000 Euclid Ave. #310 inside the Agora. Parking behind the building off of Prospect avenue.
- Use #NeighborUpCLE when talking about your gathering on social media and encourage others to do the same.
- Welcome: Welcome folks to your gathering with the Neighbor Up Welcome so they understand the power of the network.
- Conversations: Use the Conversation Harvest Sheet to keep track of the conversations people host at your gathering and to have a member follow up with those interested in taking action on an issue. Please give a copy of the sheet to Lila.
- Membership: Invite people to Neighbor Up! The online membership form is here or folks can text NUP to 474747.
- After your gathering, please send an email welcoming new members called Hello New Neighbor Up Members.