Good News CLE
During the series, people shared their stories using these audio and video tips and then uploading through a Google form.
Submit a video clip
- Take a few moments to find the best way to film your scene. If it looks good to you, it’ll probably look good to us!
- Get as close to the action as possible. We want to see and hear clearly.
- Wipe your phone or camera’s lens clean.
- 30-second to 3-minute clips are ideal. Show us what you think is the most important part of the story you want to share.
- People can speak to the camera in your clip, but, if you want to recount a story without showing us the action, then consider submitting an audio clip.
Submit an audio clip
- Find somewhere as quiet and comfortable as possible, wherever you are.
- If it’s helpful, write down the main points you want to hit so you don’t forget something that’s important to you.
- Use the voice memos app on your phone to record.
- Mouth near mic = clear audio. If you are recording yourself, hold the phone like you would on a regular phone call—for recording others, try to keep the mic around 12 inches from their mouth.
- Feel free to pause or re-state something during the recording. We can edit later.
- Trust yourself! Listen to your recording once or twice to be sure you like it.