https://neighborupcle.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/DRIVE-TO-JUSTICE-Logos.png 500 500 lmills http://neighborup.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/neighbor-up-logo-1.png lmills2022-09-15 12:00:272023-03-20 00:34:13Get the facts on how driver's license suspensions impact communities.
Get the facts on how driver’s license suspensions impact communities.
- Ohio is #2 in the nation for debt-related driver’s suspensions.
- Ohio imposes over 3 million debt-related suspensions annually.
- Debt-related suspensions occur all across Ohio, but at a higher rate in urban areas.
- Debt-related suspensions cost residents of Ohio’s highest-poverty zip codes an average of $7.9 million each year.
- Debt-related suspensions cost residents of Ohio’s zip codes with the highest percent people of color an average of $12 million each year.
- New York, Virginia, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana, Colorado, and nine other states no longer suspend, revoke, or block driver’s licenses based on unpaid fines or fees.