Arts & Culture Network Night 2022
March Network Night Recap
Thank you to everyone who came out to the first Arts & Culture Network Night of the year! We were grateful for the opportunity to introduce our new Arts & Culture Fellows—Cheyanne Jeffries, Nahomy Ortiz-Garcia, Zuggie Tate, and Lindsay Wheeler. These fellows will be working throughout the year to make Arts & Culture Network Night even better!
Thank you, as well, to Neighbor Up members Gwendolyn Garth and Nicole Hatcher for sharing their art and poetry with us. You can find more of Gwen’s work at https://www.kqoa.org, and Nicole can be found on Instagram at @raisedsun.
People had many topics to discuss during Business of the Network, which is a space for people to explore specific issues that are important to them. March’s Business of the Network conversations included:
- What are the best ways to work with local schools in the area? (DeAndre Nixon)
- How can you use the arts to celebrate Juneteenth and create an identity around the holiday? (Obadiah Baker)
- What questions do people have around applying for Cuyahoga Arts & Culture’s grants? (Julia Murphy)
- What do artists need to be able to access ARPA funding? (Meg Matko)
If you have ideas for future Business of the Network topics, reach out to Anastazia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marketplace provided another opportunity for people to connect. We believe that everyone has something to offer and our community is stronger when everyone is able to contribute. The Marketplace provides a space to see this in action. Some offers and requests from last month’s Network Night include:
- Gwendolyn Garth is offering her studio as an event space.
- Lori Ashyk is looking for performing artists for upcoming programming for the Cleveland Cultural Gardens.
- Yuping Wu shared that Stellar Acrobatics Dance Academy will be performing at the Cleveland Asian Festival.
You can see the complete list of Marketplace offers, requests, and declarations here!
Our next Arts & Culture Network Night will be May 26th from 6-8 p.m. Click here to register, and we hope to see you there!