Arts & Culture Fellow Application
Neighborhood Connections, in partnership with Cuyahoga Arts & Culture, is seeking Arts & Culture Fellows to support the stewardship of our Arts & Culture Network Nights.
The overall goal of these gatherings is to create a regular gathering space for artists and arts organizations in Cuyahoga County to come together to meet one another, build trust across geographic, racial, socio-economic and institutional-community boundaries, connect with resources and timely information, and have discussions that may spark action on projects, programs or issues these individuals care about.
Arts & Culture Fellows will assist the Arts & Culture Network Night Lead Steward in implementing the events. This work will include:
- Attending trainings and Neighbor Up gatherings to learn community network building practices;
- Utilizing community network building practices to facilitate and implement Arts & Culture Network Nights;
- Engaging with members of Cuyahoga County’s arts & culture community to create a dynamic, inclusive, and welcoming event; and
- Following up with attendees after each event to facilitate connections and help attendees move their ideas to action.
Fellows must also be present for each Arts & Culture Network Night event, which are on the following Thursdays from 5:30-8:30 p.m.:
- February 23rd, 2023
- April 27th, 2023
- June 22nd, 2023
- August 24th, 2023
- October 26th 2023
The gatherings will be held in person.
Applications are due Tuesday, February 7th at 11:59 p.m.
Arts & Culture Fellows will be emerging artists from diverse disciplines and backgrounds with a vested interest in weaving our city’s arts and culture community. Consider applying if you:
- Feel passionately about supporting and developing arts and culture within Cuyahoga County;
- Are interested in facilitating connections between artists, arts organization employees, and people who care about the arts;
- Exhibit the Neighbor Up mission and values in your work with community members.
Arts & Culture Fellows will be contractors with Neighborhood Connections. They will receive $200 stipends per event at a rate of $20/hr. for a total of $1,000 for all five events. Neighborhood Connections staff will support the fellows with trainings offered through the Neighbor Up Network, as well as mobilization meetings as they implement the gatherings.
Neighborhood Connections is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and contractors.