Neighborhood Connections is hiring for the position of Network Manger – Community Weaving
The Network Manager for Community Weaving works to advance the work of the Neighbor Up community building initiative which focuses on promoting equity and inclusion in Cleveland and East Cleveland neighborhoods. They are primarily responsible for developing good relationships with Neighbor Up members and/or potential members who have applied for grants, microloans, and/or go through Neighbor Up Trainings and inviting them to participate in the Neighbor Up Network. Other primary responsibility is training contractors/residents to serve as team of Network Weavers. The Network Manager for Community Weaving is a member of the leadership team that includes the
Suite 1300 Executive Director, the Neighborhood Connections Director, the Neighborhood Connections Associate Director, the Neighbor Up Network Manager on Organizing and Integration, and the Neighbor Up Network Manager on Training & Education.
The Network Manager for Community Weaving also works with the Director on the development, growth, implementation, and assessment of the overall Neighborhood Connections program in the area of membership and relationship building.
The salary being offered for this position is between $58,000 and $65,000 per year.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTED OUTCOMES
- Develops a process for building relationships and inviting people into the Neighbor Up Network.
- Works primarily with Neighbor Up grant recipients, Neighbor Up Microloan recipients, and Neighbor Up members by listening to them and tracking the discussions; acts upon these discussions by connecting/weaving individuals and groups with other individuals, groups and organizations, trainings, and initiatives within and outside the Neighbor Up Network;
- Trains, develops, and manages staff and/or contractors that are hired for Network Weaving to conduct visits and weave relationships in the Neighbor Up Network; utilizes resources available within Neighborhood Connections and assesses capacity needed to move this work forward that might result from building these connections;
- Supports various teams from moving ideas into action; works with Network Manager for Training and Education and the Network Manager for Organizing and Integration to create and design spaces where individuals, groups, and organizations can come together for mutual support and training opportunities and that have the potential to move to collective action;
- Works to integrate the various parts of the Neighbor Up Network; ensures that all staff and contractors are effective ambassadors for the Network through use of clear and consistent language and understandings of the Network’s intent; ensures that easy entry points exist and that movement within the Network is seamless and understood by staff and stewards; works to ensure that members of Neighbor Up see themselves as part of the broader network;
- Assist with drafting grant proposals and reports.
With support from the Director, this position will supervise one Network Builder Fellow and will oversee the work of other contractors as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated experience with organizational, management and strategic partnerships; experience
leading change management and organizational growth desired.
- Strong knowledge base of community development, traditional community organizing, and community network organizing.
- Demonstrated experience in team effectiveness and personnel management; proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with diverse team members at various career stages.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with multiple partners and constituencies.
- Proven ability to successfully lead, develop and manage employees to successfully achieve collective goals and objectives. Ability to work with a high degree of independence to find effective solutions for complex and challenging problems. Proven ability to adapt and pivot as circumstances change. Experience and familiarity with Windows-based personal computers, including word processing,
database and spreadsheet programs is required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements by August 15, 2022 to email@example.com. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
Neighborhood Connections is committed to equal employment opportunities for all. Employees are selected, developed, retained, and promoted based on the individual’s ability and job performance, and without regard to that individual’s status or characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.