Good News Cleveland is a people-powered web show and podcast made by the people, for the people with stories that you create. Tell us your story of building people power in these challenging times. It’s easy — all you need is an idea and a phone.
Check out our special podcast series with Never, Ever Give Up – CLE. Neighbor Up members and other community members read Stories of Struggle and Letters of Hope, bringing them to life in a whole new way. Our goal is to create space for people to bear witness to the experiences of others, in the hopes of building a more connected and tangible community. We hope you will give it a listen!
Find episodes and the link to submit below.
Want to submit a video clip?
- Take a few moments to find the best way to film your scene. If it looks good to you, it’ll probably look good to us!
- Get as close to the action as possible. We want to see and hear clearly.
- Wipe your phone or camera’s lens clean.
- 30-second to 3-minute clips are ideal. Show us what you think is the most important part of the story you want to share.
- People can speak to the camera in your clip, but, if you want to recount a story without showing us the action, then consider submitting an audio clip.
Want to submit an audio clip?
- Find somewhere as quiet and comfortable as possible, wherever you are.
- If it’s helpful, write down the main points you want to hit so you don’t forget something that’s important to you.
- Use the voice memos app on your phone to record.
- Mouth near mic = clear audio. If you are recording yourself, hold the phone like you would on a regular phone call—for recording others, try to keep the mic around 12 inches from their mouth.
- Feel free to pause or re-state something during the recording. We can edit later.
- Trust yourself! Listen to your recording once or twice to be sure you like it.
Thank you so much for your contribution! Please share this information with your neighbors who may want to tell their stories.
You can contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.